Uniform & Equipment
We are extremely proud of the high standards and expectations at our academy and expect all students to take pride in their uniform and appearance, including their PE kit. Our bespoke uniform items are available from A Oakes and Clive Marks School Wear.
Students are expected to adhere to our uniform policy at all times, which consists of the following items:
Uniform – All Students
- Navy blue blazer with badgeto be warn at all times
- White shirt or blouse(must be fully buttoned and tucked in to waistband of trousers or skirt at all times)
- Navy blue Bristnall Hall Academy house tie (worn at all times appropriately)
- Optional ‘V’ necked jumper – plain, navy blue with no motif or visible branding
- Mid grey trousers or pleated skirt of at least knee length* (inappropriate skirt lengths will be challenged and addressed immediately)
- Black or grey socksor tights
- Sensible black, polishable shoes* (no boots, trainers, canvas or suede shoes, with no buckles, No mesh, material or coloured trim or soles. Shoes should be sturdy and appropriate for all weathers. Black laces only.
- Head scarves/turbans (plain black)
NB: Trousers or pleated skirt – These items must not be made of denim, canvas or corduroy.
Skirts must be pleated and at least knee length. These items must not be leggings, Lycra or body-con styles or ‘tight fitting’.
Shoes – Shoes must be of a polished leather appearance and should not have a clear branding e.g. Nike, Adidas, Vans.
Navy and sky blue Bristnall Hall Academy polo shirt
Navy and sky blue Bristnall Hall Academy shorts or skirt
Navy and sky blue Bristnall Hall Academy PE socks
Navy and sky blue Bristnall Hall Academy Rugby shirt or hooded sweatshirt
Navy blue (plain) tracksuit trousers
Appropriate sports trainers
Football boots and shin pads may be required for certain activities.
A strong school bag needs to be brought into the academy every day and must be large enough to carry your basic equipment, exercise books and A4 documentation. Pouches are not permitted.
Hair and General
Excesses of fashion are not deemed appropriate academy dress. This includes hair colour which must be of natural colour i.e. blonde / brown / black / auburn.
Students are permitted should they wish to wear:
- One stud in each ear lobe
- One flat ring on each hand
- A watch (not digitally enabled)
Students are not permitted to wear the following on the academy grounds:
- No facial or body piercings, including tongue bars, ear cartilage piercings and nose piercings.
- No badges are permitted on the lapels of blazers with the exception of academy badges e.g. prefect, peer mentor
- Make-up, nail varnish, false nails and false eyelashes are not permitted.
- Coats are not permitted to be worn inside the academy building
- Hats or Caps must not be worn anywhere on the academy grounds
- No hoodies to be worn on the academy site
- Chewing gum, canned or energy drinks are not allowed on the academy site
Every student is expected to bring the following basic items of equipment for every lesson every day:
- A black or blue pen (and a spare)
- Student Planner
- Reading book – Year 7, 8 & 9 will be needed everyday
- PE Kit – Required as timetabled
Examples of permitted and none permitted uniform items: