Here is our Bristnall-Hall-Academy-Way-document (5)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, staff, and visitors to the academy.
British values at BHA
Our academy aims to prepare students for life in Modern Britain. We promote fundamental British values through teaching about democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs in a well-designed curriculum. We seek to uphold British values by embedding our culture of tolerance and respect through open discussion and a culture of integration and understanding.
We have done this by:
- Delivering a message of togetherness repeatedly to our young people
- Delivering a strong Religious Studies curriculum
- Maintaining our strong PSHE curriculum
- Developing a respect for democracy through elections for our Junior Leadership Team, and our Head Boys and Girls
- Delivering GCSE Citizenship to an increasing proportion of students
- Ensuring that all students and staff receive E-Safety sessions, and Year 7 and 8 will complete a qualification in this during the year.
- Providing prayer facilities for students when requested
- Developing links with our local churches, and supporting them with their charity work in the local community
- Supporting students to attend Auschwitz and report back to the academy.
- Providing high quality of care for staff, students and visitors with the appropriate training for all of our staff.
- Developing our public speaking and debating offer throughout the year.
- Responding appropriately to national and international events to ensure that all groups of students and staff at the academy are supported.